On 8 June 2016 ECAS held its Annual General Assembly, which took place at the Flemish Ministry for Welfare, Health and Family. During the meeting the new members of the Board of Directors were elected and the outgoing members were discharged of their responsibility.
The new members of ECAS’ Board of Directors are:
- László Andor, former Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, currently Senior Fellow at Hertie School of Governance (Berlin) and visiting Professor at ULB (Brussels)
- Anne Françoise Meeus, Belgian lawyer, former International Legal Network Coordinator at Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF)
- Joaquim Pinto da Silva, former EU official, expert in EU Structural Funds and publisher in the cultural field
- Andrei Tarnea, Executive Director of Aspen Institute in Romania
- Angeline Woods, Principal Associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Malachy Vallely, Director-General of the Leuven Institute for Ireland in Europe; Henrike Franz, Director of the Representation of Saxony-Anhalt to the EU; Ruben Lemmens, Deputy Head of Cabinet of the Flemish Ministry for Welfare, Health and Family; Louis Roppe, President of the European Association of Historic Towns and Regions, remain members of the Board, together with Assya Kavrakova, ECAS’ Director.