The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is a Brussels-based international, non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 28 years of experience.
Empowering citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
* Promoting and defending citizens’ rights;
* Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens’ and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
An inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision making at all levels and in which citizens are informed, consulted and actively participate.
ECAS Team Values
* Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party;
* Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work;
* Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights;
* Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights;
* Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
Description of the Vacancy
ECAS is looking for a motivated student to join its team in Brussels for a 3/4-month curricular internship based on a university agreement. The internship position is open only to students who have to carry out an internship as part of theiruniversity programme.
Students residing outside Belgium should be also entitled to receive a scholarship from their university for the purpose of the internship programme.
Under the guidance of senior team members, the successful candidate will be asked to carry out tasks related to ECAS’ daily activities, including:
– Carrying out research in the focus areas of ECAS: EU Rights and European Democracy;
– Supporting the implementation of ECAS’ Communications Strategy and the management of ECAS’ website and social media;
– Supporting the Team in the management of projects;
– Supporting the production of reports/publications/papers;
– Supporting the Team in administrative and financial tasks;
– Supporting the organisation of several types of events (e.g. seminars, conferences, cocktails);
– Performing other tasks as requested to contribute to the objectives of ECAS.
Profile and skills
The ideal candidate should have the following profile and skills:
– Being enrolled in a Bachelor/Master’s degree programme in Political Science, European Affairs/Studies, Communications or related fields;
– Good knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making processes;
– Good research and analytical skills;
– Good knowledge of the MS Office package and social media tools;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
– Capable of multitasking;
– Friendly, social, proactive.
University agreement. Start date: as soon as possible, preferably mid-July 2019.
Deadline for Applications:
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter – should be submitted by July 5, 2019 to Ms Daniela Peta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.