ECAS EUROPEAN FUNDING GUIDE
FOR THE NON PROFIT SECTOR
Find out all you need to know about funding opportunities
for the non-profit sector in the EU and beyond
2017 edition already available - get your copy!
The Citizen Brexit Observatory
The European Citizen Action Service, University of Sheffield School of Law and Law Centres Network
have joined forces to create the Citizen Brexit Observatory in order to support fair treatment of EU citizens
living in the UK, and UK citizens living in the other countries of the EU.
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is an international, Brussels-based non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 26 years of experience.
ECAS empowers citizens to exercise their rights and promotes open and inclusive decision-making through the provision of high quality advice, research and advocacy, as well as capacity-building for civil society organisations.
ECAS aspires to be the EU Resource Centre on citizens’ rights, campaigning for an inclusive, transparent and democratic Europe, where the benefits of EU citizenship can be fully tapped.
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights.
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
On Friday 8 December, negotiators for the UK and EU released a joint report on stage one of the Brexit…
The EU Rights in the Spotlight section for this month features two ECJ opinions and one ruling affecting the E…
EU online public consultations are used as a tool to foster transparency at EU level and offer an opportunity to…
The UK's decision to leave the EU on 23 June 2016 and the triggering of Article 50 TEU to start…
ECAS NGO - 11/12/2017 17:08
Interesting look at the strength of #populism in Europe and the challenge it poses to the #EU. https://t.co/rkbmhXYF23
ECAS NGO - 11/12/2017 16:52
ECAS NGO - 11/12/2017 16:23
ECAS NGO - 11/12/2017 14:30
What does the #BrexitDeal mean for #citizensrights and EU citizenship? Read the in-depth expert analysis of… https://t.co/RMl0MSDjdz
ECAS NGO - 11/12/2017 10:48
ECAS NGO - 11/12/2017 08:49
RT @ELIANT: Scientific references & material of our conference on #digitalisation can be found at our website! How digital technologies cou…
ECAS NGO - 10/12/2017 11:57
RT @EU_Commission: Your voice matters. Play a part in tackling fake news: follow the link and share your views in the questionnaire. https:…
ECAS NGO - 10/12/2017 11:55
What are the alternatives to #EUcitizenship for 'static' UK nationals? Read our latest #Brexit study on the rights… https://t.co/JFEMyLyKFo
ECAS NGO - 09/12/2017 13:13
RT @The3Million: One of the most moving articles on the experiences & fears of EU nationals in the UK since the referendum we have read in…
ECAS NGO - 09/12/2017 12:05
Despite #Brexit agreement on #citizensrights, there is a lot of distrust towards UK government among #EUcitizens fr… https://t.co/ruNkKrYRUi
What We Do
- We give free legal advice to citizens and businesses on EU issues through Your Europe Advice.
- We help citizens to resolve problems with free movement in the EU through the EU Rights Clinic.
- We provide free assistance to European Citizen Initiative organisers via the ECI Support Center.
- We help EU citizens engage with EU policy-making using digital democracy tools.
- Our Knowledge Center helps EU citizens find relevant information about internal EU Migration and the European Citizens’ Initiative.
- We provide in-depth guidance to make EU funding available for civil society initiatives.
- Our Triple A initiative informs, advises and helps citizens in South Eastern Europe to enforce their rights.
- We support participatory democracy beyond the EU.
- ECAS provides on-demand and tailor-made advice, training and support to civil society organizations.
- We cooperate with civil society organisations to increase citizens’ impact on EU policies.