ECAS EUROPEAN FUNDING GUIDE
FOR THE NON PROFIT SECTOR
Find out all you need to know about funding opportunities
for the non-profit sector in the EU and beyond
2017 edition already available - get your copy!
The Citizen Brexit Observatory
The European Citizen Action Service, University of Sheffield School of Law and Law Centres Network
have joined forces to create the Citizen Brexit Observatory in order to support fair treatment of EU citizens
living in the UK, and UK citizens living in the other countries of the EU.
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is an international, Brussels-based non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 26 years of experience.
Empowering citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
- Promoting and defending citizens’ rights.
- Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens’ and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
An inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision making at all levels and in which citizens are informed, consulted and actively participate.
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights.
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
On 7 December, ECAS hosted a webinar with Tim Hayes, Policy Officer at the European Commission's Directorate General for Taxation…
What are the main drivers and obstacles to the political participation of mobile EU citizens in their host country and…
The Brexit negotiations to date have focused on the rights of ‘mobile’ EU and UK nationals - that is, EU…
On 14 November, The EU Rights Clinic submitted a complaint to the European Commission against Sweden for the refusal of…
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 16:14
Did you know that 75% of #EUlegislation is decided #behindcloseddoors in #Trilogues. Comment, share & support our p… https://t.co/7mBVlJAM6l
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 14:37
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 13:30
RT @GabrielMariya: Citizens’ first! That is the main message of the #EUDigitalEducationActionPlan that puts forward the importance to #act…
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 12:56
How can we build the #FutureofEurope with #crowdsourcing? Join our #DigitalDemocracy Day in Brussels on Feb 27… https://t.co/Gpt2Sw3S6l
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 11:38
What are the main challenges in online public #EUconsultations and how can this tool be improved in the future? Rea… https://t.co/Fk1XG7l6DL
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 10:54
"Foreign digital operations take advantage of existing weaknesses in democratic institutions and societies." A stro… https://t.co/xtEiCevpF1
ECAS NGO - 19/01/2018 10:37
RT @ELIANT: "Learning is experience. Everything else is information." Learn about the latest updates on age-appropriate digitalisation for…
ECAS NGO - 18/01/2018 16:19
ECAS NGO - 18/01/2018 13:51
What are the alternatives to #EUcitizenship for UK nationals after #Brexit? Check out our study… https://t.co/gYjlHeGkUB
ECAS NGO - 18/01/2018 11:19
SAVE THE DATE for our 2018 #DigitalDemocracy Day - 27 Feb, Brussels. Register now and bring your ideas on… https://t.co/3lY5NrYwCa
What We Do
- We give free legal advice to citizens and businesses on EU issues through Your Europe Advice.
- We help citizens to resolve problems with free movement in the EU through the EU Rights Clinic.
- We provide free assistance to European Citizen Initiative organisers via the ECI Support Center.
- We help EU citizens engage with EU policy-making using digital democracy tools.
- Our Knowledge Center helps EU citizens find relevant information about internal EU Migration and the European Citizens’ Initiative.
- We provide in-depth guidance to make EU funding available for civil society initiatives.
- Our Triple A initiative informs, advises and helps citizens in South Eastern Europe to enforce their rights.
- We support participatory democracy beyond the EU.
- ECAS provides on-demand and tailor-made advice, training and support to civil society organizations.
- We cooperate with civil society organisations to increase citizens’ impact on EU policies.