5 Takeaways on Brexit:
Outlining Possible Scenarios
for a New UK-EU Relationship
and their Impact on Citizens
Click here to access the full study
FREE MOVEMENT OF PERSONS IN THE EU:
A LOVED AND FEARED REALITY
Press Club Brussels Europe
Rue Froissart 95 -1000 Brussels, Belgium
12 April 2017 (9.00 – 14.30)
On the occasion of its 25th anniversary, ECAS has expanded its services to the non-profit sector with customised training modules on EU Funding, Communications and Advocacy and Project Management.
These are organised for small groups on a biannual basis at our own premises or upon request.
Click here for more information
and register to our Spring training modules!
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is an international, Brussels-based non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 26 years of experience.
ECAS empowers citizens to exercise their rights and promotes open and inclusive decision-making through the provision of high quality advice, research and advocacy, as well as capacity-building for civil society organisations.
ECAS aspires to be the EU Resource Centre on citizens’ rights, campaigning for an inclusive, transparent and democratic Europe, where the benefits of EU citizenship can be fully tapped.
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights.
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
What are the instruments and initiatives that the EU has in place to protect and promote the rights of disabled…
On March 7, ECAS’ Director, Assya Kavrakova, called for an enhanced digital democracy for the EU in the European Economic…
On 16 March, our colleague Marta Pont was featured as a guest editor on VoxEurop on the impact of Brexit on citizens' rights.…
Parliament has voted to reject the Lords' amendments to the Brexit bill, paving the way for it to be passed into…
ECAS NGO - 26/03/2017 11:15
Delays, difficulties in accessing correct info & lack of cooperation w other MS identified by #YEA as barriers to… https://t.co/AjGfNAJVmh
ECAS NGO - 26/03/2017 10:25
ECAS NGO - 25/03/2017 16:46
Confusing info from 🇩🇪 embassies &consulates on #visa requirements for non-EU family members reported by our expert… https://t.co/eWgwq4jSTe
ECAS NGO - 25/03/2017 10:38
Today is the 60 anniversary of the #RomeTreaty - Join us on 12/4 to discuss one of its key achievements! https://t.co/kS3ZMBw94J #EU60
ECAS NGO - 25/03/2017 10:07
Happy birthday to #EU! We'll be celebrating #EU60 & exploring #FutureofEurope April 12. Register now… https://t.co/1awRqPdQBb
ECAS NGO - 25/03/2017 09:21
ECAS NGO - 24/03/2017 20:07
ECAS NGO - 24/03/2017 17:45
On Tuesday in #Belfast we'll present #BB4U study on possible impact of #Brexit on rights & access to EU funding… https://t.co/rPDKHbTzDE
ECAS NGO - 24/03/2017 14:07
ECAS NGO - 24/03/2017 13:59
What are the current barriers to #freemovement in #EU. Join the debate in Brussels, April 12… https://t.co/JfHg6dzZAo
What We Do
- We give free legal advice to citizens and businesses on EU issues through Your Europe Advice.
- We help citizens to resolve problems with free movement in the EU through the EU Rights Clinic.
- We provide free assistance to European Citizen Initiative organisers via the ECI Support Center.
- We help EU citizens engage with EU policy-making using digital democracy tools.
- Our Knowledge Center helps EU citizens find relevant information about internal EU Migration and the European Citizens’ Initiative.
- We provide in-depth guidance to make EU funding available for civil society initiatives.
- Our Triple A initiative informs, advises and helps citizens in South Eastern Europe to enforce their rights.
- We support participatory democracy beyond the EU.
- ECAS provides on-demand and tailor-made advice, training and support to civil society organizations.
- We cooperate with civil society organisations to increase citizens’ impact on EU policies.