ECAS EUROPEAN FUNDING GUIDE
FOR THE NON PROFIT SECTOR
Find out all you need to know about funding opportunities
for the non-profit sector in the EU and beyond
2017 edition already available - get your copy!
The Citizen Brexit Observatory
The European Citizen Action Service, University of Sheffield School of Law and Law Centres Network
have joined forces to create the Citizen Brexit Observatory in order to support fair treatment of EU citizens
living in the UK, and UK citizens living in the other countries of the EU.
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is an international, Brussels-based non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 26 years of experience.
ECAS empowers citizens to exercise their rights and promotes open and inclusive decision-making through the provision of high quality advice, research and advocacy, as well as capacity-building for civil society organisations.
ECAS aspires to be the EU Resource Centre on citizens’ rights, campaigning for an inclusive, transparent and democratic Europe, where the benefits of EU citizenship can be fully tapped.
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights.
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
The UK's decision to leave the EU on 23 June 2016 and the triggering of Article 50 TEU to start…
ECAS has featured in the European Network of Ombudsmen's annual 'Network in Focus' magazine, published on 9 November 2017. Following…
On 17 October 2017, ECAS held its third annual Digital Democracy Day - Rejuvenating Europe: Opportunities in the Digital World…
Today, the EU Rights Clinic has submitted a complaint to the European Commission against Sweden for the refusal of the…
ECAS NGO - 21/11/2017 12:40
ECAS NGO - 20/11/2017 16:37
ECAS NGO - 20/11/2017 14:54
ECAS NGO - 20/11/2017 12:42
ECAS NGO - 20/11/2017 12:38
ECAS NGO - 20/11/2017 10:26
How will #Brexit affect the #EuropeanArrestWarrant and the interests of citizens? Our study is out now!… https://t.co/nuAfCDY1k6
ECAS NGO - 19/11/2017 12:01
ECAS NGO - 19/11/2017 10:03
ECAS NGO - 19/11/2017 08:48
Our study '#Brexit & the #EuropeanArrestWarrant: How will change affect the interests of citizens?' is out tomorrow… https://t.co/JZdlwOrQpD
ECAS NGO - 18/11/2017 12:13
RT @EU_MediaLit: Rainy 🌧 weekend? Perfect time to answer our consultation on #FakeNews & online #disinformation ⛅️. Have your say on how to…
What We Do
- We give free legal advice to citizens and businesses on EU issues through Your Europe Advice.
- We help citizens to resolve problems with free movement in the EU through the EU Rights Clinic.
- We provide free assistance to European Citizen Initiative organisers via the ECI Support Center.
- We help EU citizens engage with EU policy-making using digital democracy tools.
- Our Knowledge Center helps EU citizens find relevant information about internal EU Migration and the European Citizens’ Initiative.
- We provide in-depth guidance to make EU funding available for civil society initiatives.
- Our Triple A initiative informs, advises and helps citizens in South Eastern Europe to enforce their rights.
- We support participatory democracy beyond the EU.
- ECAS provides on-demand and tailor-made advice, training and support to civil society organizations.
- We cooperate with civil society organisations to increase citizens’ impact on EU policies.