Post-pandemic Reinvention Of Mobility for Inclusive and Sustainable Europe (Promise)
The core vision of Promise is to increase awareness of mobile EU citizens, civil society, and local administrations on current obstacles to freedom of movement, by helping them to interpret and implement Directive 2004/38 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely in the EU.
In December 2020, the European Commission published the EU Citizenship Report 2020, committing to adopting a new Communication on Directive 2004/38/EC in 2022. The objective of Promise is to ensure proper interpretation and implementation of this Communication in EU Member States. In that respect, we will provide local authorities with relevant knowledge and tools to reduce administrative obstacles for mobile EU citizens in their host countries. The project will build on the results achieved by ECAS in the previous projects funded by EPIM and will continue working toward the enhancement and promotion of EU citizens’ rights.
The above-mentioned goals will be achieved through the creation of an info toolkit for citizens, through training to relevant administration and CSOs, and thanks to the launch of a digital campaign. To ensure sustainability, a network of civil society organisations who exchange their best practices on the application of EU rights will be built.
Our project will focus on EU countries with a high number of EU citizens: Italy, Spain, France, Ireland, Sweden, and Germany. The project is funded by the European Programme for Integration and Migration (EPIM) and is implemented by ECAS in partnership with:
June 2022-November 2023
- Ensure sound content and financial management of the project;
- Coordinate partners’ contribution to CORE joint activities;
- Contribute to the awareness-raising digital campaign;
- Contribute to the Freedom of Movement civil society network establishment;
- Produce a policy paper on the developments in the EU rights field post-COVID-19;
- Raise awareness among relevant MEPs;
- Develop and coordinate training courses delivered in France, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Sweden, and Germany
- Set-up ECAS Awards 2022
- Create info toolkit on remote working, social security coordination and relevant EU rights
- Organise State of the Union Citizens’ Rights event 2023