The European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) Forum is an online collaborative platform that offers support to citizens when organising a European citizens’ initiative.
The purpose of the Forum is to provide advice and information to organisers before, during and after the process of launching and implementing an initiative. It allows citizens to learn more about the ECI through best practices and enables them to discuss EU policies and ECI proposals, to find partners in other countries, to ask for legal, campaigning and fundraising advice from experts, and to exchange experiences. The objective is to foster interaction between (potential) organisers, citizens and experts on the topic of the ECI.
Through the different sections of the Forum, citizens will:
- LEARN more about the ECI through Guidance material and webinars;
- DISCUSS about the ECI and their ideas for initiatives;
- CONNECT with other citizens interested in the same EU topics and initiatives;
- SEEK ADVICE by submitting enquires and receiving tailor-made legal, campaigning and fundraising advice;
The European Citizens’ Initiative Forum is a pilot project, operated by a consortium of three organisations – European Service Network (ESN), ECAS and CARSA – on behalf of and under contract to the European Commission.
Pilot Project January 2018 – November 2018
As a part of the consortium, ECAS has been supporting the European Commission in the development and implementation of the European Citizens’ Initiative Forum. Specifically, ECAS is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the SEEK ADVICE section of the Forum;
- Handling citizens’ enquiries and providing legal, campaigning and fundraising advice;
- Supporting the Forum’s communication and engagement strategy;
- Supporting the creation of Guidance material and webinars;
- Organising participatory activities to provide input on how to improve the Forum;
- Assisting with the moderation and stimulation of online discussion on ECI-related topics.