You Vote EU
The aim of the project is to stimulate the participation of EU citizens in the 2019 European Parliament elections and increase the understanding of current and future EU policies. You Vote EU will create an innovative web platform to inform voters on EU policies and connect voters with their current representatives, new candidates or other voters. The platform will allow users to:
- Connect – allow EU citizens and organisations to create a public profile where they can include their opinions on the EP political and legislative process. The platform will also include profiles of MEPs (current or running as candidates) created by collecting information on their latest available positions;
- Share – promote debates and discussions on the EP political and legislative process, by giving the opportunity to policy-makers to post their initiatives and to EU citizens/organisations to propose changes;
- Vote – allow EU citizens to compare their views with those of individual MEPs who they have elected and find MEPs who best represent their views.
The goal is to have a minimum of 100 organisations registered and 751 MEPs included on the platform.
This project is implemented in partnership with the following organisations:
February 2018 – July 2019
ECAS will support the promotion of the platform through effective communication, mainly by disseminating multi-language information material (infographic, videos and online quizzes and questionnaires), organising two EU-wide events, and supporting four national events. The aim is to reach 1,000,000 citizens across the EU directly with our activities, and 10,000,000 through information multipliers. At the end of the project, we will produce an evaluation report on how to replicate this project and with recommendations for increasing citizen and voter participation for the European Commission.
ECAS will be working on the EU citizen and stakeholder engagement, mainly through the:
- Development of an EU stakeholders mapping;
- Organisation of the launch event to promote the platform to MEPs and EU stakeholders;
- Development of the platform dissemination and population strategy;
- Development of the Evaluation Plan;
- Delivery of final recommendations to the European Commission;
- Organisation of the concluding Digital Democracy Day event in Brussels for 100-150 participants to discuss the project outcomes in view of the sustainability of the platform.