Mobility and Political Rights Enhancement for EU Citizens (MORE for EU Citizens)
Mobility and Political Rights Enhancement for EU Citizens (MORE for EU Citizens) aims to tackle the challenges experienced by EU mobile citizens, in particular those affecting their rights to family reunification and political participation.
The final objective is to improve the enforcement of EU citizens’ rights by the EU institutions, increase the awareness of EU citizens on what their EU rights are and involve national decision-makers in the discussion on the obstacles that mobile EU citizens face.
The project will be complemented by the activities conducted in the framework of the Civic Observatory of the Rights of EU Citizens (CORE), run in partnership with FEANTSA and Médecins du Monde. The overall aim of CORE will be to monitor and take stock of legal and political developments in the field of EU citizenship, including the right to free movement, political inclusion, access to health care and tackling homelessness among mobile EU citizens. The Observatory will publish its annual policy report and present it during the annual conferences and other relevant events.
The MORE for EU Citizens project is supported by the European Programme for Integration and Migration (EPIM), a collaborative initiative of the Network of European Foundations.
15 April 2019 – 14 December 2020
- Conduct research on good practices in the field of political participation of mobile EU citizens, including practices and policies undertaken by local and national institutions to support political inclusion of mobile EU citizens
- Organise a competition for the most EU mobile citizen friendly location (city/country/region) and involve mobile EU citizens in selecting the winners through crowdsourcing their opinion
- Help to develop an on-line course to improve knowledge of civil servants and relevant experts on EU citizenship, its implications and related political rights in Spain, Italy, Greece and Bulgaria
- Advocate before the European and national decision-makers for better enforcement of the rights of mobile EU citizens and to eliminate the obstacles to free movement
- Organise events at the EU and national levels to raise awareness on EU citizens’ rights and the obstacles encountered by mobile EU citizens