The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is a Brussels-based international non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 30 years of experience.
ECAS’ mission is to empower citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
- Promoting and defending citizens’ rights.
- Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
ECAS aspires to an inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision making at all levels and in citizens are informed, consulted and actively participate.
ECAS’ Team Values
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilize their rights.
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that ALL EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is recruiting legal experts from Germany and Poland to join its team of experts of the “Your Europe Advice”, under which it provides information and advice to EU citizens about their rights.
The Your Europe Advice (YEA) is a service contract with the European Commission through which ECAS replies to questions from citizens or businesses on their EU rights within one week, free of charge and in the language chosen by the user out of the 24 EU official languages. Answers provided through this service relate primarily to citizens’ free movement rights (i.e. residence rights, access to social rights, recognition of professional qualifications, etc.). The team of experts provides advice on how to overcome the barriers towards full enforcement of EU rights and signposts the nearest available specialized service.
ECAS is currently looking for legal experts from the above-listed countries with the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Law, with knowledge of EU Law particularly in the area of the internal market and free movement of people;
- Native speakers in a language spoken in one of these two countries;
- Good command of English (or French and able to communicate in English at least);
- Knowledge about the legal system and institutions in the respective country;
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way and under tight deadlines;
- Previous experience with NGOs and citizens’ advice services or with other services dealing with the public will be considered as an asset.
The legal expert will be recruited as a contractor and will not have employee status. Work will be performed on a flexible basis, depending on the number of incoming enquiries, and will be paid per enquiry. The expert should be based in their Member State.
If interested, please send your CV, a cover letter and supporting documentation to Claire Damilano via email at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 20th October 2021 23:59 (CEST)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.