ECAS is currently looking to fill two vacancies, namely ‘Production of ECAS 30th Anniversary Video’, and ‘European Democracy Intern’. Please find below the details for both positions.
On the occasion of its 30th anniversary, ECAS will commission to an experienced contractor the development of a visually attractive and dynamic video of up to 15 minutes, which should reflect the following milestones in the history of the organisation and of the European Union.
Task and Deliverables
The successful candidate will develop and present for ECAS approval a detailed visual and content concept for the Anniversary Video covering these important milestones and including soundbites from interviews with 9-12 individuals based in several EU countries and selected by ECAS. The contacts of interviewees will be provided to the contractor by ECAS. Upon approval of the script, the contractor will undertake the filming and editing of the Anniversary Video. The contractor will propose an approach to conducting the interviews which may include COVID-19-safe face-to-face interviews and/or interviews conducted remotely using equipment, software and platforms allowing audio-visual quality compatible with that of faceto-face interviews. The contractor will also edit the individual interviews for independent use into clips of up to 7 minutes each. The contractor will be also asked to produce short (up to 2:20 minutes long) versions of the video for use on social media, made available in 16:9, in square and in vertical format. All production should be of broadcast quality.
Time frame of production
March 01 – May 30, 2021.
EUR 13 000
How to Apply
The candidates will submit:
• a general concept for the video including method of interview filming
• bios of key staff, e.g. director, cameraman, editor
• proof of experience, video portfolio and any relevant samples of work
• a financial offer
Note: both production companies and individuals are welcome to apply
Applications should be submitted online at the following link.
12.00 CET, March 1st, 2021
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is an international, Brussels-based non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 30 years of experience in empowering citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
• Promoting and defending citizens’ rights, and
• Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
ECAS believes in an inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision-making at all levels and in which citizens are informed, consulted and active participants.
You can download the full job description here.
ECAS is looking for a motivated candidate to join its team in Brussels under a curricular internship (based on a university agreement) or a post-graduate internship (based on a Belgian internship contract). Commitment to ECAS’ mission and values is a must.
*Students applying for a curricular internship and residing outside Belgium should be entitled to receive a scholarship from their university for the purpose of conducting the internship programme abroad.
*Post-graduate applicants must reside in Belgium during the internship period.
Under the guidance of senior team members, the successful candidate will be asked to carry out tasks related to both ECAS’ European Democracy focus area and other daily activities, including:
- Supporting the Team in the management of projects and service contracts;
- Supporting the organisation of several types of online and offline events (i.e. webinar, conferences, seminars etc);
- Supporting the production of reports/ policy briefings/papers;
- Carrying out research in the European Democracy Focus Area;
- Supporting the implementation of outreach activities in order to disseminate project results via different communications tools and channels (i.e website, social media; newsletters, etc.);
- Performing other tasks as requested to contribute to the objectives of ECAS.
ECAS European Democracy Focus Area encompasses three pillars: Digital Democracy, Understanding Populism and Online Disinformation. ECAS works on the development and implementation of projects, services and research related to these topics.
In 2021, ECAS will continue managing, on behalf of the European Commission, the European Citizens’ Initiative Forum and implementing projects around crowdsourcing legislation, social listening, populism and civic tech.
Profile and skills
The ideal candidate should have the following profile and skills:
- Being enrolled in or recently graduated from a Master’s degree programme in Political Science, International Relations, European Affairs/Studies, or related fields;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Knowledge of the European Citizens’ Initiative is strong advantage;
- Experience in participative and/or digital democracy is an advantage;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Familiar with social media tools and platforms
- Good knowledge of the MS Office package;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- English language proficiency – written and oral. Native level is an advantage;
- Capable of multitasking;
- Friendly, social, proactive.
- Innovative and result-oriented;
- Curricular internship: 3 to 6-month University agreement
- Post-graduate internship: 6-month Belgian Internship Contract (Convention d’Immersion Professionnel)
Starting date: Beginning of March 2021
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter (max. 1 page) – should be submitted by February 21, 2021 to Ms Daniela Peta at email@example.com, with the subject “European Democracy Internship Application”. Please specify in your motivation letter if you are applying for a curricular or a post-graduate internship. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Early applications are therefore encouraged.
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is a Brussels-based international non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and 30 years of experience.
ECAS’ mission is to empower citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
- Promoting and defending citizens’ rights.
- Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
ECAS aspires to an inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision making at all levels and in citizens are informed, consulted and actively participate.
ECAS’ Team Values
- Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
- Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilize their rights.
- Inclusiveness: Ensuring that ALL EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
- Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.