Citizen Deliberation Coordinator
ECAS is recruiting a Citizen Deliberation Coordinator to support the Team in the implementation of the following projects and activities in the framework of its European Democracy focus area:
- The European Citizens’ Initiative Online Collaborative platform (the Forum);
- DEMOS (Democratic Efficacy and the Varieties of Populism in Europe);
- Research tasks related to populism and citizens’ deliberations.
Commitment to ECAS’ mission and values is a must.
Knowledge and Experience
- University or Master’s Degree in International Relations, European Studies or any other relevant field;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in citizens’ engagement activities;
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Knowledge of the European Citizens’ Initiative;
- Knowledge of citizens’ assemblies’ methodologies is a plus;
- Experience in using MS Office products;
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- English language proficiency – written and oral;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Event and project management skills;
- Friendly, social, pro-active;
- Innovative and result-oriented;
- Team worker but capable of performing tasks independently;
- Capable to work under pressure and to observe strict deadlines;
- Capable of multi-tasking.
10-month temporary contract under Belgian law: 1800 EUR gross salary, tickets restaurants and additional benefits
Start date: Beginning of April 2020
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter should be submitted by 8 March 2020 to Ms. Daniela Peta at email@example.com with the subject “Citizen Deliberation Coordinator Application”.
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Due to an expected high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.