ECI Support Centre
The ECI Support Centre is a joint initiative of the European Citizen Action Service, Democracy International and Initiative and Referendum Institute Europe. The ECI Support Centre is a not-for-profit service, whose purpose is to provide advice and information to ECI organisers before and during the process of launching and implementing an ECI.
The ECI Support Centre provides:
- Up-to-date information on ECIs
- Bi-monthly newsletters – ECI WATCH
- Knowledge Centre on the ECI
- Research and policy analysis of the implementation of the ECI regulation at national and European level.
- Tailor-made advice to ECI organisers on a need to know basis.
- Online tools to assist ECI organisers and citizens to use the instrument:
- Coordinates the work of the Support centre and the role of the partners – ECAS, Democracy International Initiative and Referendum Institute – Europe (IRI – Bruno Kaufmann) depending on their specializations
- Issues bi-monthly newsletter on current developments to 2000 subscribers
- Develops ECI Mobile Application available for Android mobile phones and tablets
- Develops ECI Knowledge Centre
- Organizes and carries out workshops and training sessions to raise awareness on ECIs