ECAS is Recruiting a Digital Democracy Assistant (Internship)
The successful candidate will assist the daily work of the Digital Democracy Manager, mainly by supporting the activities related to:
- The European Citizens’ Initiative;
- Development and implementation of EU projects – e.g. You Vote EU project;
- Research projects on e-participation, crowdsourcing and consultations;
- Organisation of events – e.g. Digital Democracy Day;
- Communication and dissemination of ECAS’ Digital Democracy outcomes;
- Development of statements, positions, press releases and articles;
- Monitoring daily political, policy and legislative developments in this field.
Commitment to ECAS’ mission and values is a must.
Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree in International Relations, European Studies or relevant fields;
- Very good knowledge of the EU decision-making processes;
- Familiarity with the European Citizens Initiative;
- Experience using MS Office products;
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Storify, etc.);
- Experience with web content management (WordPress or other) would be an asset;
- Previous civil society engagement, e.g. volunteering experience, would be an asset.
- English language proficiency – written and oral;
- Very good written and verbal communication skills;
- Friendly, social, proactive;
- Innovative and result-orientated;
- Capable of working under pressure and observing strict deadlines;
- Capable of multitasking;
- Skills in event management would be an asset.
6-month (renewable) – ‘Immersion Professionelle’ contract – 800 euros per month + STIB monthly reimbursement. Start date: mid-March
Deadline for Applications:
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter – should be submitted by 1 March 2018 to Ms. Elisa Lironi at firstname.lastname@example.org .
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Recruitment of Legal Experts for Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands and Sweden
ECAS is running a major European citizen advice service for the European Commission. This consists of a small management team and a current team of around 60 legal experts answering questions in 25 languages.
Answers provided by the service relate primarily to citizens’ free movement rights: defence of the right to stay, access to social rights, recognition of professional qualifications, etc. The team provides advice about how to overcome barriers to the recognition of EU citizens’ rights and the nearest available specialised service (signposting). We are currently looking for:
Legal Experts for Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands and Sweden
With the following qualifications:
- Degree in law, with knowledge of European Community law particularly in the area of the internal market and the free movement of people
- To be mother tongue (or equivalent) speakers of one of these seven countries
- Strong English language skills (or French with at least the ability to communicate in English)
- Knowledge about the legal system and institutions in the respective country
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way and under tight deadlines
- (If possible) familiarity and experience with NGOs and citizens advice services, or other services in contact with the public.
The legal expert will be recruited as a contractor and will not have employee status. Work will be performed on a flexible basis, depending on the number of incoming enquiries, and will be paid per enquiry. The expert should be based in their Member State.
If interested, please email your Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and supporting documentation to Claire Damilano. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.