Recruitment of Legal Experts for Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands and Sweden
ECAS is running a major European citizen advice service for the European Commission. This consists of a small management team and a current team of around 60 legal experts answering questions in 25 languages.
Answers provided by the service relate primarily to citizens’ free movement rights: defence of the right to stay, access to social rights, recognition of professional qualifications, etc. The team provides advice about how to overcome barriers to the recognition of EU citizens’ rights and the nearest available specialised service (signposting). We are currently looking for:
Legal Experts for Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands and Sweden
With the following qualifications:
- Degree in law, with knowledge of European Community law particularly in the area of the internal market and the free movement of people
- To be mother tongue (or equivalent) speakers of one of these seven countries
- Strong English language skills (or French with at least the ability to communicate in English)
- Knowledge about the legal system and institutions in the respective country
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way and under tight deadlines
- (If possible) familiarity and experience with NGOs and citizens advice services, or other services in contact with the public.
The legal expert will be recruited as a contractor and will not have employee status. Work will be performed on a flexible basis, depending on the number of incoming enquiries, and will be paid per enquiry. The expert should be based in their Member State.
If interested, please email your Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and supporting documentation to Claire Damilano. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.