Description of the Job
ECAS is looking for an experienced, motivated and committed Programme Director to manage the activities of the organisation in CEE through its branch office in Bulgaria.
The candidate should have a sound understanding of the EU policymaking, the CEE state of affairs in terms of both EU legislation implementation and the role of civil society, with a special emphasis on disinformation narratives, shrinking civic space and consolidation of civil society resources to safeguard civic space, defend and promote EU Values and Rights.
Commitment to the EU Values and the ECAS’ mission and vision is a must.
**This position is full-time and Bulgaria-based.
Reporting to the Executive Director of ECAS and working in close collaboration with ECAS’ Communications Manager and ECAS’ team members, the Candidate will:
- Reporting to the Executive Director of ECAS, the Candidate will manage ECAS’s activities in CEE by:
- Managing the ECAS branch office in CEE both in terms of programmes and administration.
- Managing the ECAS’s activities in CEE through the branch, such as the ones aimed at fostering the formation of cross sector alliances involving relevant citizen organisations and interested partners to tackle disinformation.
- Managing the ECAS’s activities and projects in promoting EU values, rights and freedoms in CEE.
- Facilitating existing and building new partnership with civil society organisations and other stakeholders in the region.
- Promoting ECAS’s activities in the region.
- Fundraising to ensure sustainability and further upscale of ECAS’s expertise and know how in CEE
Knowledge and Experience
- University or Master’s Degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science, European Studies or any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in project management, including EU funded projects.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in organisational management.
- Excellent knowledge of the EU policies and legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of CEE adherence to EU policy and legislation, CEE civil society, development issues and relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and coordinating networks, engaging civil society organisations and other stakeholders.
- Experience in training and events’ management.
- Experience in campaigns’ management.
- Communications experience, including working with the media.
- Experience in financial reporting – organisational and project-wise.
- Public speaking experience.
- English language proficiency – written and oral.
- Bulgarian language proficiency – written and oral.
- Attention to detail.
- Networking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, social, proactive.
- Innovative and result-orientated.
- Team worker but capable of performing tasks independently.
- Capable to working under pressure and observing strict deadlines.
- Capable of multitasking.
The position is based in Bulgaria. The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract with 6-month probation period and a starting salary of BGN 4,100 gross. After the probation period and based on a performance review, the position can become a permanent one, based on an indeterminate contract.
Deadline for Applications
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter including references – should be submitted by 25 May 2023 to Ms. Kavrakova by email entitle “ECAS Programme Director CEE Application” to email@example.com.
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.