As Citizens’ Rights Training Coordinator, Petar is responsible for:
- Coordinating ECAS’ training projects in the field of EU citizens’ rights
- Consolidating and digitalising ECAS’ training experience and expertise
- Designing new training modules involving different content-related approaches
- Developing and managing ECAS’ online courses on EU citizens’ rights,
- Promoting ECAS’ training in the field of EU citizen rights’
Before joining ECAS in March 2020, Petar was the Director of the ECIT Foundation for European Citizens’ Rights, Involvement and Trust where he was also in charge of research. He teaches EU Politics at Vesalius College at the VUB and is a scientific collaborator at the Institute for European Studies at the ULB. On a voluntary basis, he contributes to several European organisations promoting democracy and civic participation in Europe.
He holds a double PhD in political theory and political science from the Free University of Brussels (ULB) and LUISS in Rome acquired under the ‘Globalism, Europe, Multilateralism’ (GEM) Erasmus Mundus Joint Degree Fellowship. He was a visiting scholar at the University of Oxford as a Wiener-Anspach Fellow. He holds an LLM in European Law and a BA in Political Science from the University of Belgrade.