Training Centre and Tailor-Made Services
ECAS provides tailor-made services to civil society organisations based on individual requests. These services include a large variety of activities ranging from research and analysis on EU issues to organising study tours, internships, and conferences to technical assistance and capacity-building.
As part of its capacity-building services, ECAS offers customised training modules on EU Fundraising, Project Management and Advocacy, as well as biannual training workshops at our premises in Brussels.
If you are interested in benefiting from our services, please contact Huw Longton.
+32 2 548 02 92
ECAS has over 25 years’ experience providing capacity-building services to civil society organisations across Europe, including training and technical assistance, event organisation and advocacy advice. Our expertise in EU fundraising and projects, advocacy and events, among other things, derives from our many years working on projects and campaigns with partners throughout Europe, our close connections with the EU institutions and our pan-European network of members.
The Ins and Outs of EU Funding: Understanding the Process and Increasing Your Chances of Success (12 June 2018, Brussels)
Got the Money, Now What? – Learn How to Manage a European Project Effectively (13 June 2018, Brussels)
Tips and Tricks for Effectively Advocating and Shaping the Agenda at EU Level (19 June 2018, Brussels)
Register for one or more workshops here.
Future training topics include ‘Financial Management for NGOs’, ‘the Post-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework’ and ‘Application Writing for European Projects’.
- Training workshop on EU funding and policy post-2020 for the Open Society Europe Policy Institute in Brussels. Reference: Violeta Naydenova (Violeta.Naydenova@opensocietyfoundations.org)
- Training workshop on the Ins and Outs of EU Funding and Project Management for the Salvation Army’s EU Funding Conference. Reference: Mike Stannett (MSTANNETT@armeedusalut.be)
- Tips & tricks to submit a project under the Europe for Citizens Programme for a group of Flemish organisations, as part of an information day organised by the Flemish Community Commission (VGC). References: Delphine Dumon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2-day tailor-made training on EU public funding and Communication for Albanian CSOs in Tirana, Albania. References: Klodjan Seferaj, Open Society Albania (email@example.com)
- Training workshop on the EU budget cycle for Open Society Europe Policy Institute in Brussels. References: Violeta Naydenova (Violeta.Naydenova@opensocietyfoundations.org)
- 2-day advanced courses for non-profits on Strategic Communication and EU Fundraising offered at ECAS premises (see the agenda for both sessions here)
- Training workshop on EU fundraising in the field of youth beyond Erasmus+ at the European Youth Forum in the framework of the 2015 Secretary General’s Day. References: Alfonso Aliberti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Training workshop on effective political lobbying, in the framework of the Federalist Training Academy organised by the Union of European Federalists. References: Mana Livardjani (email@example.com)
- Training on fostering digital participation at EU level to a group of civil society organisations (CSOs) from the Saxony Anhalt Lander
- Training session on EU funding opportunities and effective advocacy and lobbying to a group of Turkish CSOs, as part of a study visit to Brussels co-organised with the Association of Civil Society Development Centre of Ankara (STGM). References: Heval Simsek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Training on EU funding opportunities offered at the Directory of Social Change premises in London for UK-based charities and organisations working in the field of social inclusion, restorative justice and aid to the most deprived. References: Annette Lewis (email@example.com)
- Training on EU funding to Romanian and Hungarian CSOs, as part of a study visit to Brussels organised by ECAS under the European Participation Initiatives for Citizens project (EPIC)
- Training on the European Citizens’ Initiative and on funding opportunities under Erasmus+ offered to a group of representatives from Italian Service Centres for Volunteering. References: Sara Fasoli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Training on the European Citizens’ Initiative at Social Platform (in the framework of the ECI Support Centre coordinated by ECAS). References: Alison Coleman (email@example.com)
Conferences & Events
- Alliance ELIANT – Towards a healthy digital ecosystem: Values, Competences & Responsibilities (Brussels, 28 November 2017)
- Alliance ELIANT – Freedom of Choice Under Threat: What Can European Citizens Do? (Brussels, 7 November 2016)
- AIRE Centre – “Invisible EU Migrants: Towards a European Policy Response”: http://invisibleeumigrants.org/. See here for more information
- University of G. Annunzio of Chieti, Pescara, Italy – “The Europeanisation of Everyday Life: Cross-Border Practices and Transnational Identities among EU and Third-Country Citizens” (EUCROSS final conference in Brussels)
- University of G. Annunzio of Chieti, Pescara, Italy – “Europe, it’s me: State of play on rights and political participation of EU mobile citizens”
- The IMPACT Office for Cross-sector Partnership and Civic Dialogue – Brussels Office (BO) established in October 2009 as a result of cooperation between the National Foundation for Civil Society Development (NFCSD) and ECAS provided tailor-made advice and support to CSOs in Croatia in order to sustain their capacity and enhance their skills and expertise in a Europe-wide context. Website: http://www.impact-center.eu/frontpage
- Technical assistance to the Open Society Foundation in Albania (Good Governance and EU Integration Program) on the methodology for conducting “Civic Monitoring of the Progress of Albania in the Implementation of the First Phase of the Stabilization and Association Agreement (2009-2014)”. This includes training the team of experts in Tirana, provision of feedback to the Monitoring Report and support to the outreach activities on the main findings.