EPIM, the European Programme for Integration and Migration and the European Policy Centre just released the September 2014 EPC Policy Update for EPIM aiming at regularly informing the advocacy work of civil society organisations by providing information on recent EU-level policy-making, legislation and jurisprudence relevant to EPIM’s three focus areas: (1) Asylum seekers; (2) Undocumented migrants; and (3) Equality, integration and social Inclusion of vulnerable migrants.
Key highlights of this Policy Update include:
• the European Council strategic guidelines for the area of freedom, security and justice;
• the priorities for the upcoming Council Presidencies (Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg) in the area of migration;
• the announcement of a “Frontex Plus” operation replacing the Mare Nostrum operation in the Mediterranean Sea;
• the Commission proposal amending the Dublin III Regulation with regard to unaccompanied minors;
• the Justice and Home Affairs Council conclusions on Return Policy;
• European Court of Justice case law on the Return Directive and Family Reunification;
• and upcoming events at EU level.
Download the Policy-Update: here