- This event has passed.
#EURegionsWeek workshop: My citizen’s voice in the EU!
October 7, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Have a say on what the European Union can do for your region!
The European Citizens’ Initiative gives EU citizens the unique opportunity to shape the legislative agenda of the EU. Join us for an interactive workshop to share your ideas about the role of regions in making participatory democracy work in the EU and learn how the European Citizens’ Initiative works in practice.
The workshop will be divided into three parts:
- How well do you know the European Citizens’ Initiative
Presentation of the European Citizens’ Initiative via an interactive quiz.
- The European Citizens’ Initiative in action
European citizens’ initiative organisers and experts will present concrete examples of successful initiatives of particular relevance to regional and local representatives and the key success factors.
- Interactive discussion on how the European Citizens’ Initiative works and how regional and local actors can be involved in the process
Representatives from the European Commission and civil society as well as European citizens’ initiative organisers will come together to stimulate a discussion around three main points:
- Why is the European Citizens’ Initiative important for regions and for citizens?
- How can we engage citizens locally to have an impact at EU level?
- What can regional and local actors do to support the European Citizens’ Initiative?
Mélissa Capiot, Campaign Coordinator, GOPA Com., Belgium.
Yana Pargova, Campaign Manager, GOPA Com., Belgium.
Adriana Mungiu Patrascu, Communication Officer, European Commission, Belgium.
Dénes András Nagy, Minority Safepack Initiative Organiser, FUEN, Hungary.
Tassos Papachristou, “End the aviation fuel tax exemption in Europe” initiative organiser, Generation Climate Europe, Belgium.